Edit a Job Listing
There are various customisation options for you to tailor your job listing and provide as much or as little information as is required about the role to jobseekers. You can use these functions to update job specification details, capture job requirements, and also update organisation branding to be used with the job listing.
This functionality is generally utilised by organisations who use Cognises job listings as their primary job advertising method.
To complete this process:
- You must have “Full access” granted to your account for the Users > Hiring > Jobs permission (available to Administrators or above).
- If assigned to a specific job, you must have “Full access” granted for the Users > Hiring > Assigned jobs permission (available to Administrators or above).
- At least one job must exist to edit.
How to complete this flow:
- In the navigation panel, go to Recruitment > Jobs.
- Open the 3-ellipsis on the required job tile, and select the option “Edit job”. You will then be taken to the job summary tab.
- In the Job Summary tab, change the following mandatory information fields as desired:
- Role title – Free text entry
- Dates – Click on the date field to open a calendar view. Select the required date range and click submit. Note that the date range entered will impact whether the job can be made active, or will be added to the “Upcoming” list of jobs.
- Employment Status – Select from drop-down. You can add multiple options.
- Experience Level – Select from drop-down. You can add multiple options.
- Occupation – Select from drop-down. You can add multiple options.
- Job location – Free text entry
- Click on the “Job Description” tab to navigate to the page to edit the job description, requirement and benefits.
- For each of job description, requirement and benefits you want to update. Type the text you want to appear in the corresponding text boxes. Note that you can use any of the standard markdown functionality to edit the styling of this text.
- Alternatively, you can use the “</>” symbol to edit the text in HTML mode to include more advanced styling.
- Click on the “Brand and visuals” tab to navigate to the page to upload or change the jobs images and branding.
- For each of the branding images you wish to change, click on the “Upload new” button and select an image from your filing system. If you want to delete an image, click on the corresponding bin icon.
- Click “Save” to update the company job details.
- In the top right of the page, click the “Preview Job” button which will open a new tab to preview the job description
Please Note: Because you are logged in at the time of previewing the job, you will see the message “Please contact the company directly to apply”. This is because employee admin accounts cannot apply to a role.