Create a Permission Profile
You can create a custom permission profile if role-specific access rights are required for Employees within your organisation. This could be useful in use cases where, for instance, you have*:
- Employees that require role-restricted platform access to a limited subset of the Cognisess functionality
- Employees requiring global access but in a read only capacity
- Employees requiring high-level access to a limited set of functions
*Note this list is not exhaustive.
To complete this process:
- You must have “Full access” granted to your account for the Organisation > Permissions permission (available to Organisation Super Users and above).
How to complete this flow:
- In the navigation panel on the left-hand side of the screen, navigate to Manage > Permissions.
- Click on the “Create permissions profile” button in the top right of the page. This will open the create permissions profile side panel.
- Click on the “Rename” button in the top left of the side panel. This will cause a text box to appear to enter a new name for the profile.
- In the text box, type out a new name you desire this profile to have, then click the green tick icon to confirm the name.
- Click on the drop down in the top right corner to view the possible permission levels for this profile. Note, you will only be able to see permission levels of your current level and below.
- Select the permission level you require from the drop down.
- Click a permission group to view the available permissions.
- Use the sliders to select the access level required for this permission in the profile.
The access levels are represented as follows:
- Left dot – No access
- Middle dot – Read access
- Right dot – Full access
- Checkbox – Send access (where applicable)
Note that not all access levels are available to every permission
- Click the “Save” button to save the permission profile.